The engineering phase of projects is key to Techint Engineering & Construction, since it represents the starting point to obtain the best product for the customer in terms of functionality, quality, budget and delivery terms.
The responsibility of engineering is to assure correct and coordinated realization of design activities, supporting the work of the other company departments.
Techint executes on average about 1.8 million man-hours of engineering services per year, using state-of-the-art computer technology, like the 3-D Plant Design System (PDS) as well as its own Material Management System (MMS).
The company provides the following engineering services:
- Technical and economic feasibility studies.
- Conceptual design for front-end engineering.
- Basic and detailed design.
- Preliminary, definitive and executive design.
- Budgeting services and specialized consultancy.
- Pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup services of plants for owned projects in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) as well as of third parties.
Engineering specialisations include mechanical, vessels, piping and pipelines, electrical, implementation and control, civil, architectural and structural, project engineering, process and steel processing plants and mining.
Experienced personnel with specific know-how are based in regional areas, while engineering teams manned with senior staff and young professionals are deployed on each project. World class services are performed with common engineering standards and management procedures while integrated shared software licenses and a common ‘lessons-learned’ database allow each project to benefit from the expertise of Techint E&C’s seven specialised engineering centers, located in the following areas:
Argentina, Buenos Aires
Brazil, São Paulo
MEXICO, Mexico City