Techint was established in 1945 in Italy as it embarked on its first project, laying an 80-km oil pipeline for NATO. The company has since grown to become one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the country with the successful completion of over 100 small and medium-scale projects over the past 20 years, increasing its involvement in large-scale oil & gas projects in the EMEA region. It has a solid EPC track record in the area of LNG regasification terminals at Gate in Holland, Dunkerque in France, Zeebrugge in Belgium, and Świnoujście in Poland, as well as methanol and power projects in Egypt, oil & gas projects in Africa and the Middle East, and the solid materials handling sector (sulfur, carbon-coke), in particular.
A CENTER OF EXCELLENCE FOR THE TECHINT GROUP
The Milan engineering team has recently been entrusted with a new mission: to be the Centre of Excellence in the area of engineering for the Techint Group as a whole.
The Milan Engineering Center offers high added-value services in areas where it has significant experience, such as Oil & Gas, Refinery, Power and Infrastructure (particularly for Healthcare and Hospitals). Over the last decade it has expanded its range of services to include environmental consultancy and green technology solutions, applied innovation technologies, asset management and optimization studies solutions, in line with the Company’s specific strategy of offering its customers a unique value proposition.
This approach, which is a distinctive feature of Techint E&C, not only offers design services based on the customer’s criteria, but uses the company’s vast experience in executing complex EPC projects to complement specific skills with particularly high-value projects. The company thus has the expertise to work on engineering projects encompassing the plant’s construction, commissioning and operating needs from the earliest design stages, taking into account technical and economic aspects as part of the requisite Feasibility, Basic, FEED engineering phases as well as dedicated studies tailored to meet customer needs.
By way of example, the Milan Engineering Center has recently performed the BAT analysis and GAP analysis for compliance with the IED directive as well as the Integrated Environmental Authorization application for four major Italian ENI refineries (in the context of the framework agreement signed with ENI), taking advantage of the company’s strong Process and HSE engineering capabilities.
The detail design of the Policlinic Milan Hospital, the most important project in the healthcare sector, has been successfully completed. The project implemented the latest technologies in energy efficiency, environmental sustainability and functional and technological architectural choices.
The key success factor for each project is the unique approach of Techint to customer support through the customization of a solution to best meet their needs.
The Techint Engineering & Construction Milan offices use cutting-edge project design software and simulation tools which have been exclusively developed in partnership with Milan Polytechnic, such as dynamic process simulation models for LNG plant design, and BIM (Building Information Modeling) applications for civil and infrastructure design, as well as many others specialist techniques.
Main projects by decade
- Dunkerque LNG Terminal, France
- Zeebrugge LNG Terminal, Belgium
- Świnoujście LNG Terminal, Poland
- El Ain El Sokhna supercritical power plant, Egypt
- Ruwais Sulphur Terminal SHT2, UAE
- Yanbu Export Refinery Project (YERP) – Solid Handling Terminal, KSA
- KJO Onshore oil treatment plant of Hout offshore field, KSA
- SO2 removal plant Norilsk Nickel, Russia
- Gate LNG Terminal, Holland
- Damietta Methanol plant, Egypt
- Bonny Island gas liquefaction project, train 1,2,3,4,5,6 - mechanical erection and E&I
- Escravos Gas-to-Liquid plant in Nigeria - mechanical erection and E&I
- Milazzo and Taranto Refineries, Italy
- Scandale, Piacenza and Turbigo Power Plants
- Brescia waste-to-energy power plant
- New Legnano Hospital.
- Candela factory - Nitrogen Removal from Natural gas Unit
- Siderurgic complex in Misurata, Libya
- Electrolitic plant for primary aluminum production in Puerto Vesme, Italy
- Humanitas Gavazzeni Clinical Institute, Italy
- Automotive glass processing lines, Russia
- Uvjazov Gas Compressor Plant, Russia
- Rubber Production Plant at Tobolsk Kombinat, Russia
- Pumping station, Iraq
- 3M Factory in Ferrania for production of photographic and radiographic emulsions, Italy
- Design of metal structures for the building of nuclear tests P.E.C. in Brasiamone, Italy
- Revamping of Finale Emilia and Pontelongo factories for the Italian saccharide industries, Italy
- Augusta Refinery, Italy
- PERVOURALSK Mineral Wool Plant, Russia
- Three crude oil capture centres and pumping stations, Kuwait
- Plant to treat goat milk, Uzbekistan
- Drawings of Breda, Dalmine, Falck, Italsider and Terni plants, Italy
- Factory for production of polyester resin in Acrra, Naples, Italy
- Esso refinery and ammonia, caustic soda and PVC plant, Greece
- Genova-Cremona Oil Duct, 147 km, Italy
- Gela Thermonuclear Power Plant, Italy
- Sannazzaro de Burgundi Refinery, Pavia, Italy
- Nato Oil Pipeline, several projects maritime terminal and underground storage tanks that included ducts totalling 430 km in Turkey, Greece and Italy