Techint Engineering and Construction has more than 60 years of experience in Chile in EPC, Construction Management and Maintenance services across a range of market segments including Mining, Power, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure and Industrial.
Mining has been one of the most significant markets for Techint E&C in Chile. The company designs and/or builds facilities for this industry, including mineral processing plants, water conveying systems (pipeline and pumping stations) and slurry pipelines including choke stations, as well as providing processing plant maintenance services.
It is not only involved in the construction of these projects, but also right from the early stages, cooperating in feasibility studies and basic and detail engineering, in which its constructing experience applied to engineering, constitutes an added value for clients.
In every project it gets involved in, Techint E&C complies with the highest safety standards while protecting the environment and promoting development of the communities it operates in.
Techint E&C began its activities in Chile in 1952, when the country’s national oil corporation, ENAP, awarded the construction of a maritime terminal and mooring system for the Cerro Manantiales-Caleta Clarencia oil pipeline to the company.
Since then, the company has built for the Mining and Oil & Gas market segments, the majority of the country’s main duct projects, including major pumping systems and concentrate ducts for diverse mining operations, the Trans-Andean oil pipeline, and the Northern Andes and Gas Andes natural gas pipelines.
Main projects by decade
- Escondida Water Supply Project, Minera Escondida (operated by BHP Billiton)
- Construction of sea water pipeline and pumping stations, Minera Sierra Gorda SCM
- EPCM for expansion of Los Colorados Crushing Plant and Iron Pellet Feed Plant, CAP Minería
- Los Bronces Development Project, Anglo American
- Maintentance services for mining facilities, Minera Escondida (operated by BHP Billiton)
- Slurry Pipeline Expansion, Collahuasi SCM
- El Mauro Tailings Dam, Los Pelambres (Antofagasta Minerals)
- Desalted Water Pipeline Coloso - Escondida, Minera Escondida (operated by BHP Billiton)
- Seawater Pumping System, Minera Esperanza (Antofagasta Minerals)
- NorAndino Gas Pipeline, 1.171 km (Argentina-Chile)
- GasAndes Gas Pipeline (Argentina-Chile)
- Taltal Gas Pipeline, Gas Atacama
- Gas Pacífico Gas Pipeline
- Gasoducto del Pacífico (Argentina-Chile)
- Concón - Maipú Oil Pipeline, Sonacol
- Santiago - Quillota Gas Pipeline, Electrogas
- Trasandino Oil Pipeline
- Pehuenche Hydroelectric Project
- Los Bronces - Las Tórtolas Slurry Pipeline, Compañía Minera Disputada de las Condes
- Water Supply System from Monturaqui, Minera Escondida (operated by BHP Billiton)
- Escondida Slurry Pipeline, Minera Escondida (operated by BHP Billiton)
- Southern longitudinal road, repair works between the Itatá and Perales bridges in Bío-Bío
- Remodelation of Valdivia's oil storage tank, COPEC
- Carampangue Power Plant, Celulosa Arauco
- Las Salinas Lubricant Oil Plant, COPEC
- Reconstruction of roads damaged by the 1960 earthquake, Ministerio de Obras Públicas
- Iquique Soda Plant, CORFO
- Las Vegas-Valparaíso Water Pipeline
- Sea Terminal for Cerro Manantiales - Caleta Clarencia Oil Pipeline, ENAP